Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
aturday when Yan Gomes was placed on the paternity li
MADRID - A rested and hungry Real Madrid will find a promoted Cordoba feeling confident for their match in the Spanish league on Saturday. Phillip Gaines Bills Jersey .Madrid has had no midweek match to expend energy on, and has a chance to stay ahead of second-place Barcelona, with a game in hand.But Cordoba wont be a pushover. It has risen from out of the drop zone to mid-table this month, with two of its three wins in the league.Elche, two places above the relegation zone, welcomes Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid hosts Rayo Vallecano in a capital city derby that will fill Vicente Calderon Stadium and keep police extra vigilant on Saturday.Here are some things to know about this weekends matches:___RESTED REAL: Getting knocked out of the Copa del Rey has meant Cristiano Ronaldo will be well rested for the visit to Andalucia.When Cordoba visited the Santiago Bernabeu in August for the first match of the season, Ronaldo was held at bay by the defence until the 90th minute. Then he unleashed a powerful right-footed shot from 25 yards that bounced just in front of goalkeeper Juan Carlos Martin Corral before ricocheting in off the post.Of his 36 goals this season, 28 have come in La Liga.The other goal in Madrids 2-0 win was by Karim Benzema.HISTORIC WELCOME: Spain was still under the military dictatorship of Francisco Franco the last time Cordoba welcomed Madrid.Hence, Saturday will be a historic occasion at Nuevo Arcangel Stadium, even though French-born Algeria forward Nabil Ghilas tried to play down the significance of the clash.Its a week like any other, we have to work and do everything we can to try and come away with something positive, Ghilas said.I expect Madrid will attack a lot, and we will strive to take advantage of counterattacks.Coached by Miroslav Dukic, Cordoba began this season disastrously with a run of 13 league games without a win, but a 1-0 victory against Athletic Bilbao in December turned its luck.BATTERED ELCHE: Barcelona has won five consecutive matches in all competitions, but its midweek 1-0 Copa quarterfinal win thanks to a late penalty against Atletico was laboured.Coach Luis Enrique hopes to steady the team, and an away win at Elche will remind everyone that Barcelona is still in contention for a treble.Saturdays match will be the third time the teams have met in a month, with Barcelona having battered Elche twice in the Copa for a 9-0 aggregate.BATTLE FOR FOURTH: Valencia can leapfrog Sevilla into fourth place after their Sunday matchup. A single point separates them at the halfway point of the league, although Sevilla has a game in hand.However, Sevilla came away bruised after a 3-1 defeat at Espanyol in the Copa del Rey on Thursday. AJ McCarron Bills Jersey . Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. Chris Ivory Bills Jersey . Hughes, 30, is a former Major Leaguer with the Baltimore Orioles, having played in 14 games with the Os in 2010. He played with Class AA Binghamton of the Eastern League in the New York Mets system last season. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-9...ersey.aspx . He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level.CLEVELAND -- One swing by Dayan Viciedo provided a dramatic turnaround for the Chicago White Sox. Viciedo hit a three-run homer in the ninth inning off John Axford, lifting the White Sox over the Cleveland Indians 4-3 and stopping a four-game losing streak. After the ball cleared the right-field fence, Viciedo pointed to Chicagos dugout, which erupted in celebration. "That was for the team. That was very exciting," he said. Other than Jose Abreus major league-leading 12th homer, a solo drive in the first inning, the ALs highest-scoring team couldnt manufacture any runs. Corey Kluber struck out a career-high 13 in eight innings, including a team-record seven straight. He allowed three hits and two walks, leaving with a 3-1 lead after 110 pitches. "Its good for the guys to just stay with it," Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. "Even though it looks bleak, you can still make a little bit of a comeback." Axford (0-2) walked Gordon Beckham leading off the ninth, but struck out Abreu. Adam Dunn walked, and Viciedo homered on a 2-2 pitch. "I was looking for a pitch I could make good contact with," Viciedo said. "He made a mistake, and I made him pay for it." Axford gave up the homer on a 96 mph four-seamer. "I fell behind in the count to too many guys, and it didnt work out," he said. "I put two guys on base without me even challenging. I just couldnt find it. The home run was on a fastball. Not a very good pitch, obviously." Indians manager Terry Francona, citing pitch count and the narrow lead, didnt second guess himself for pulling Kluber. "If anyone got on base, he was going to come out of the game, and I didnt think that was fair to him," Francona said. Kluber had no problem with Franconas strategy. "Thats not my decision. I trust Titos judgment," he said. Axford has blown two saves in 11 chances, both against the White Sox. He gave up a walkoff homer to Alexei Ramirez in the ninth inning on April 13 at Chicago. Daniel Webb (2-0) pitched the eighth, and Matt Lindstrom threw a one-hit ninth for his fourth save in seven chances. George Kottaras, the Indians backup catcher, became the first player to homer in his first two plate appearances for Cleveland. Harrison Phillips Jersey. Andre Rienzo allowed three runs and seven hits in 4 2-3 innings. Klubers streak began when he struck out Gordon Beckham and Abreu for the final two outs of the third. He fanned Dunn, Viciedo and Ramirez in the fourth, and Jordan Danks and Tyler Flowers struck out beginning the fifth. Leury Garcia broke the streak by walking on a 3-2 pitch, and Kluber struck out Alejandro De Aza. Kluber fell two strikeouts short of the AL record set by Doug Fister for Detroit against Kansas City on Sept. 27, 2012. Tom Seaver holds the major league record of 10 for the New York Mets against San Diego on April 22, 1970. Clevelands previous mark was six by Bob Feller, Bartolo Colon, Chuck Finley and Mitch Talbot. Four of Abreus five hits against the Indians this season have been homers. The White Sox broke an eight-game losing streak at Progressive Field, where they had gone 6-20 since 2013. "It hasnt been good to us here so to be able to come back and take one like this is pretty nice," Ventura said. The White Sox returned to Chicago to start a four-game, home-and-home stretch against the Cubs on Monday at Wrigley Field. "It was a much-needed win, obviously," Lindstrom said. "Now we can go home and start to put together a pretty good series against the Cubs. Kottaras, whose contract was selected from Triple-A Columbus on Saturday when Yan Gomes was placed on the paternity list, hit solo homers in the third and fourth. Kottaras had been 2 for 25 (.080) in the minors. Lonnie Chisenhall had an RBI single for Cleveland in the third. Indians centre fielder and leadoff hitter Michael Bourn missed the game because of tightness in his left hamstring. NOTES: Indians DH Jason Giambi (cramp in right calf) didnt play. ... The White Sox added OF Moises Sierra, claimed off waivers from Toronto, to the 25-man roster. LHP Frank De Los Santos was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte. ... The Indians optioned LHP Nick Hagadone to Columbus. ... Chicago 3B Conor Gillaspie (bruised left hand) homered on a minor league injury rehabilitation assignment at Charlotte and could return this week. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste